Free shipping in the US. For International orders please call us at 202-363-6422.
City of Light (Theodore and Aimee Bikel)
THE CITY OF LIGHT by Theodore Bikel with Aimee Ginsburg Bikel, illustrated by Noah Phillips (Trade Hardcover Original; November 5, 2019; $16.95; ISBN 978-1942134619).
The beloved late movie actor, folk singer, musician, composer, unionist, and political activist poignantly recounts moments from his childhood in Vienna, when he experienced and witnessed anti-Semitism as Nazi influence grew—and dreamed of a Jewish superhero, Judah Maccabee who could rescue the Jews. The book is based on a story commissioned by Moment Editor-in-Chief Nadine Epstein that was published in the magazine and read aloud on NPR’s Hanukkah Lights program in 2014.
‘This book is a treasure, filled with stories of remarkable Jewish women. Some of the names will sound familiar, many are not; all deserve more attention for their courage and determination. It‘s great reading for girls—and boys—eager for role models--and the rest of the family too!’
ANN F. LEWIS, FORMER WHITE HOUSE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
- 6 beautiful issues of Moment Magazine delivered straight to your door
- 6 digital issues accessible from wherever you are
- Unlimited digital access to momentmag.com
- Graphic "m" Moment logo tote
- Tote featuring Moment's thought-provoking tagline "The Next 5,000 Years of Conversation Begin Here."
- Inspirational tote with Elie Wiesel's famous quote "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference."