Work With Us
Have a strong interest in Jewish politics, culture and religion? Love writing and editing? Want to learn the ins and outs of magazine production? Moment Magazine offers interns the opportunity to become a valuable part of our magazine. Interns work with various departments within the magazine, and are involved in many aspects of production, from fact-checking and researching articles to pitching stories. Administrative duties are also part of the internship; all interns may also provide assistance to all departments.
Editorial interns provide support to Moment’s editorial staff. Duties may include:
– Research for potential stories
– Providing support for editorial projects
– Web production and social media
– Copyediting, fact-checking and proofreading stories for the magazine
– Pitching and writing pieces for Moment’s website
Social Media Internship
The social media intern is responsible for assisting in a range of editorial and marketing initiatives. Their duties include writing social media copy, tracking analytics for social media campaigns, and creating social media posting schedules.
The social media intern will support the social media manager in developing and implementing promotional campaigns to boost website visits and increase engagement. Duties may include:
– Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
– Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote editorial content on various social media platforms
– Create and distribute content such as infographics, videos and link previews on social media
– Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
– Support marketing and events team at live and online events
All internships are offered in the spring (January through May), summer (June through August) and fall (September through December). Fall and spring interns work 16-24 hours/week (two or three full days) and may receive college credit (the internship is unpaid). Summer interns are expected to work 40 hours per week. Moment does not provide housing or travel assistance. Moment‘s office is in Washington, DC, though remote interns will also be considered.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and two journalistic writing samples or clips. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Ellen Wexler.
Moment Magazine is seeking individuals eager to be part of a friendly, professional team that can help with a wide range of administrative and business-oriented tasks. Tasks include but are not limited to: 1) answering phones and taking messages; 2) filing correspondence in notebooks and file cabinets; 3) helping with occasional mailings; 4) helping with events. Computer literacy is a plus, especially with Word, Excel and any other programs including Filemaker.
Stimulating and friendly-office environment with many visitors and projects. Position has limited off-street parking and straight ride-on to major Metro buses. Tenleytown-AU metro stop is a 15 minute walk.
Expressions of interest should be sent to email@example.com.